What is Alter-G?
Utilizing Patented NASA Differential Air Pressure (DAP) Technology, Alter G is the next upcoming Technology in the field of Physical Rehabilitation. With more freedom, Greater Precision, and Broader Application, Alter G enables people to move in ways they could never have imagined.
How is Alter-G different?
By defying gravity with the Anti-Gravity Treadmill, patients and athletes can walk, jog or run at 20-80% of their respective body weights as desired or prescribed.
What is the unweighting range of the Anti-Gravity Treadmill?
The unweighting range of AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmills is 100% to as little as 20% of the user’s body weight.
Benefits of Training on Alter-G
- Obese or Deconditioned individuals - Alter G Encourages Overweight or obese individuals who have difficulty in walking to burn calories and improve their cardiovascular endurance without bothering much about the additional stress on joints of lower extremities due to excess body weight.
- Athletes - Alter G slows down the process of reduction of muscle mass in an athlete who cannot continue his training due to a healing injury of one of the joints of legs. It also aids in active healing process and can be used for over speed training.
- Post Operative Conditions - like ACL reconstruction, TKR and THR provides early range of motion to joints, controlled gait training, and early closed kinetic chain activity.
- Healing Fractures - While Alter G provides early mobility, some fractures actually require partial weight bearing for facilitated healing.
- Suffering from Hemiparesis - Patients with partial paralysis benefit greatly while they initiate walking without the fear of falling in the fall- safe environment of alter G which also helps in developing balance.
- Gait Training - With less stress and pain, Emphasis on near to normal walking pattern can be made reinforcing correct muscle and movement memory e.g. in cases like OA knees, patellofemoral pain, chronic plantar fasciitis.
What to Expect?
Wearing Neoprene Shorts which have Zipper, the individual steps into the machine, zips himself with the machine and weights for the machine to calibrate his body weight. The body weight can be set from 20-80% and then walking, jogging or running can be started as done on a regular treadmill. Speed, inclination, duration and the direction (front walk or back walk) can be adjusted as prescribed by physical therapist.
So visit us and sweat it out with Alter-G.