I know every one of us is going through a huge frustration and uncertainty during this lockdown period. However, we need to be positive and engage ourselves with the right things, which can boost our moral as well as immunity. As far as our immunity is concerned, we need to take good care of right diet and right exercises. Today, I am going to give you some important tips to do exercises in a right way without harming your physical fitness. They are as follows:
- Muscle imbalance account for 80% of the pain you will experience in your life.
- Poor posture is a telltale sign of muscle imbalances.
- Muscle imbalances are caused by overusing certain muscles and underusing others.
- Muscles that are too long usually feel much tighter than muscles that are too short. Until you can identify the muscles as too short and tight or too long and tight, you will not know what pose to select to correct the imbalance.
- Muscle imbalances can either be developed or exacerbated by doing the wrong yoga pose, Pilates, or strength training exercise for your current musculoskeletal condition.
- In general, muscles on the backside of the body are too long, except for the calves. Muscles on the front side of the body are too short.
- Stretching muscles that are already too long is a common mistake in yoga, gym and other fitness classes.
- There are five major muscle imbalances you need to identify.
- Right exercise regimen or right yoga can correct these muscle imbalances in a relatively short time once you learn how to choose correct exercises or poses for your symptoms.
- Correcting muscle imbalances will give you better posture, more energy and reduce or eliminate many painful conditions.
Dr M R Zulfi
Director and sr consultant
Physio active Pvt Ltd.