Did you know how you can prevent back pain?
It’s very easy to have control on your body if you can follow basic principles of your body mechanics. In my opinion, human body is the best and most complicated technology in the world. However, you can control and maintain it by working on simple body mechanics habits and modifying your life style.
I would recommend to follow the precautions and do simple back exercises 4-5 days a week in order to prevent from back pain and aches. As you all know prevention is better than cure, it means you should adapt a healthy life style and improve your body mechanics habits without any delay.
There are few basic back precautions you must follow to prevent back pain:
Do’s and Don’ts with Low Back Pain
- Sit as little as possible and then only for short periods
- Place a supportive towel roll at the belt line of the back especially when sitting in a car
- When getting up from sitting, keep the normal curves in your back
- Move to the front of the seat and stand up by straightening your legs
- Avoid bending forward at the waist
- Try to keep the normal curves in your back at all times
- Do not sit on a low soft couch with a deep seat. It will force you to sit with your hips lower than your knees and will round your back. You will lose the normal curve in your back
- Do not place your legs straight out in front of you while sitting. (e.g. sitting in the bath tub).
Director and Sr Consultant Physiotherapist.
Physio Active Pvt Ltd.