My Dear Friends,
Every one of us suffer from some sort of neck and back problem in our life time and then get resolved accordingly.
But there are some individuals who are persistent with some unusual pain and aches throughout their lifetime.
Then they start to live with it as if there is no treatment or cure for it. I have seen many such patients coming to me where I diagnosed it as Myofascial pain syndrome.
MPS is also known as chronic Myofascial pain (CMP), is a syndrome characterized by chronic pain in multiple Myofascial trigger points (knots) and fascial constrictions.
Some characteristic features of Myofascial pain syndrome are as follows:
- Focal point tenderness
- Reproduction of pain upon trigger point palpation
- Hardening of muscle upon trigger point palpation
- Pseudoweakness of involved muscle
- Referred pain & limited range of motion following approximately 5 seconds of sustained trigger point pressure.
KEEP IN MIND, WHEN YOU HAVE SUCH SYMPTOMS MEET YOUR PHYSICIAN OR PHYSIOTHERAPIST IMMEDIATELY
TO GET FAST RECOVERY FROM THIS PROBLEM.
The latest techniques and modalities we use to treat such problems are as follows:
- Myofacial Release Technique (MFR).
- Soft Tissue Release and Muscle Balancing Techniques.
- Dry Needling technique.
- Stretching and Ecentric Strengthening exercises.
- Shockwave Therapy.
Generally, I use a very holistic approach to treat such patients to give them best and effective treatment.
Director and Sr Consultant Physiotherapist.
Physio Active Pvt Ltd.